For one of largest railways in the world, reliable and safe operation rely on a mission critical mobile communication system between trains and control rooms proven TETRA technlogy.
TETRA provides a very reliable and efficient communication solution supporting various call types and mission-critical narrowband data. Train operators can be assured of very high reliability and instantaneous communication during normal and emergency situations.
Key objectives of MTRC for the rail operators are :
- Efficient and reliable train operation
- Improve safety of operations during normal and emergency situations
- Increase On time performance for trains
- Improve headway in available tracks
- Security of passengers
The communication solution is required to meet the following key requirements :
- Coverage – provide reliable coverage across track sections and in depots etc.
- Good audio quality – drivers suffer from high cabin and ambience noise and therefore the radio system must be able to filter out maximum noise during transmission.
- Instant communication – instant call setup for train driver communication to control rooms.
- Functional addressing – Communication facilities using Train ID from TMS.
- Integration to Onboard Public announcement systems – Ability to make a live PA announcement from Dispatcher in OCC to any specific or group of trains.
TETRA MTRC based on DAMM TetraFlex Solution provides the following facilities –
- Communication facilities
- Driver – Guard Communication
- Train-Controller Communication
- Cab to Cab Communication
- Broadcast Call
- Train PA Call from OCC
- Integrated MMI for Train Cab – Train Radio Control Panel suitable for rail application providing driver with convenient and intuitive human machine interface.
- Data communication – Key alerts and alarms from train to control room.
- Functional Addressing – Dispatcher Workstations with Train ID mapping from TMS for ease of dispatch operation.
- Comprehensive network management
- Voice and data recording system
- Coverage across entire track section
Consort Digital TETRA based MTRC solution provides the following benefits –
- Loud and clear audio with reduction in background noise in driver cabin.
- Good coverage across entire railway track.
- Secure communication with no interference.
- Extremely high spectrum efficiency therefore scalable for future requirements.
- Advanced call features such as Individual call, Group call and Emergency call.
- Narrow band data for critical applications such as alarms and status messages.
- Integration with Train Management System [TMS].
- Integrated GPS for location tracking.