Oil and gas customers work in some of the world’s harshest and most inaccessible environments. Our fail-safe solutions meet the high demands for voice and data communication that these conditions require.
Our solutions for the oil & gas industries are based on DAMM TetraFlex solution that combines decades of leadership with cutting-edge digital radio and broadband communications to create a simple, yet reliable solution that is easy to deploy and maintain.
Needs of the oil and gas industry rely heavily on reliability and safety. Remote locations and connectivity to upstream and downstream ensures that the solution is scalable and flexible. The solution must cater for onshore and offshore communication.
Major objectives for Oil and Gas companies are to maintain production and ensure continuous operation. This requires a broader awareness of field assets, the ability to access increasing amounts of voice and data communication from multiple locations and deliver actionable information to numerous stakeholders in order to meet the following industry goals:
Key requirements for oil & gas industry are :
- Ensure reliable and safe operation
Today’s oil and gas companies need fail-safe connectivity to operate safely and efficiently in an increasingly demanding and regulated environment.
- Enhance operational flexibility and efficiency
By ensuring instantaneous communication from users in different departments and processes at various locations across the oil & gas facilities. Seamless communication within and across departments ensures maximum efficiency of operations.
- Next gen applications for control room and field workers
Modern communication system must support the need for next generation application for communication room and field workers.
- Safe, secure and high availability
Need for the proposed solution to provide redundancy, reliability and security of communication.
- Interoperable and multi-vendor support
The proposed solution must be fully interoperable and be standardized for multi-vendor environment.
- Upgrade by interconnection to broadband
The proposed solution integrate with modern broadband communication network such as WIFI and LTE for supporting data applications.
CONSORT TETRA Solution is based on DAMM TetraFlex which is a modern, reliable and cost-effective communication platform designed to meet diverse yet specific requirements of current and future oil & gas users.
The TETRA solution for refineries provides the following salient features:
- Provide reliable, seamless voice and data communication services between field users and control rooms.
- Intrinsically-safe user devices based on interoperable and open standard.
- Provide user friendly control room dispatch applications.
- Interface with Public Announcement and Public Information System.
- Intuitive fault management system.
- Flexibility in installation in different areas and zones of the refinery.
- Simulcasting for coverage in remote location with low user density.
- In-building coverage using repeater mode.
- Integration ready with other existing radio technologies, future WIFI or LTE networks.
The oil and gas industry is undergoing a major shift for need of reliable communication solution. Consort Digital solutions provide significant benefits for oil and gas industries. These solutions ensure vastly improved operational efficiency and security of the users.
Key benefits of our communication solution include –
- Plug and play design – easy deployment and scaling up of mission-critical solution. System administrators can integrate all network components, including base stations, dispatchers, network management facilities and external gateways at any time, even while the system is in operation.
- Lower operating costs – The solutions are based on DAMM TetraFlex that offers plug-and-play simplicity for easy setup and fast deployment. The compact design of the DAMM outdoor base station enables direct mounting on antenna masts, buildings and towers, reducing feeder loss and installation costs considerably. Both the indoor and outdoor base stations offer extremely low power consumption, and thanks to the IP65 encapsulation, the outdoor base station doesn’t need any external air-conditioned housing. DAMM TetraFlex is developed with flexibility and user-friendliness at the core, saving substantially on training and project costs.
- Low maintenance – extremely high reliability ensures low maintenance costs thereby reducing total cost of ownership.
- Integration to other plant communication systems – The solution integrates through standard interfaces such as SIP to other plant communication systems.
- Integration to legacy systems – Allows for simple integration to legacy wireless and wire line communication systems.